HIKVISION different devices share different password strategies. At this stage you can reset your password by SADP, or NVR/DVR local GUI, or you can reset device password BY YOUR OWN.
Here’s a quick guide for how to reset password for different devices. If you want to watch the video, please kindly click here:
1. Reset password by SADP Tool Tool: SADP Tool version: V184.108.40.206
Please follow the link to download the latest version of SADP: http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/tools_82.html Connect the device to local network and open SADP Tool to search online devices. Select the device and click Forget Password:
You might see one of the three pop-ups.
1. If the pop-up requires a security code, please turn to method 1.
2. If the pop-up requires encrypt file, please turn to method 2.
3. If the pop-up requires encrypt file or key, please turn to method 3.
Method 1 Device Information Copy the Start Time and Device Serial No and send them to HIKVISION technical Support team, we will send back security codes or forward your request to local distributor.
After receiving security codes, please choose one according to your device’s current time.
Input security code and click Confirm. The password will be reset to 12345.
Method 2 XML File
Click Export to save XML file, send the XML file to HIKVISION technical support team.
HIKVISION technical support team will return encrypt file or forward your request to local distributor. Choose the path of the encrypt file, input your new password and confirm, click Confirm and your password will be reset.
Note: Once you get the file, it will be expired after 24 hours.
Method 3 QR CODE
With this method you can export the XML file or take a photo of QR code. If you export the XML file, please refer to method 2 to reset password. You can also take a photo of QR code and send it to HIKVISION technical support team.
HIKVISION technical support team will return key which consists of number and letter (8 bytes) or forward your request to local distributor. Input the key, type in the new password and confirm. Click Confirm and your password will be reset.
Note: If you want to reset your cameras’ passwords at the same time, please choose “Reset Network Cameras’ Passwords” option. Cameras’ passwords will be the same with NVR’s.
New password resetting strategy
(1) For –E/-K/-I series NVR with a higher firmware version than V3.4.90, new password resetting strategy is available. With this strategy, customers would be able to reset device password by their own.
(2) All password resetting strategies below are only valid in local area network. Local GUI, SADP, iVMS-4200, and Web client support new password resetting strategy.
(3) The security code resetting strategy (enter by double click left bottom corner of login interface) is removed from this version.)
Method 1 GUID File
(1)User can export the GUID file in advance and reset the password by importing the GUID file when needed. Remember to key in the old password before exporting the GUID file. Please notice that if the admin password is changed or GUID file has been used, GUID file will be invalid.
(2)When you forget your device password, enter new password resetting interface by clicking Forget password.
(3)Find the exported GUID file, then import it to reset device password.
Method 2 Validation Question
(1) User can set validation questions and reset the password by answering the pre-set questions when needed.
(2) When you forget your device password, enter new password resetting interface by clicking Forget password.
After answering all the questions correctly, you’d be able to change your device password.
In case that you do not succeed and still having problems to reset the password check following steps: If you get the error message: Reset password failed.
· Make sure that all your devices (computers, cameras, recorders, switches, etc.) are connected to same IP range in your LAN (Local Area Network).
· If you are using a laptop which is connected to same switch via a network cable, not WIFI connection, make sure that your WIFI adapter is disabled. Then restart SADP tool and try again. If you make any changes to your IP address while SADP is on, then you’ll need to restart SADP for the changes to apply.
· Kindly keep your device online after sending the *.xml file or *.excel file to us.